DIY Diaper Cream. Cloth diaper safe.

I'm about to get all crafty/diy mom on you.
I never thought I'd be the type of mom that would be obsessed with "making my own" everything.
It's not that I'm against store bought things and "chemicals" (I honestly haven't done ANY research on any of that stuff. It works right?) I wasn't raised to be all superstiious about what is in store bought products, and I'm still not! (Just watch! I just jinxed myself and I'll start going down that road in no time!) Don't worry, if you are into that concern, thats FINE! I'm not gonna hate you or think you are weird!
Well... that was a huge tangent. Point is I just LOVE making things! Making my own whatever-it-may-be! It's so fun!
So my friend Ariana shared this recipe with me. She altered it to make it squeezable and put it in a cleaned-out empty tube of old cloth diaper safe cream. So kudos to you Ariana!

Thanks a bunchDiaper rash cream (cloth-safe)

1/2 ounce beeswax
3 1/2 ounces coconut oil
2-3 ounces olive oil (I'm not sure if this is exact because I just wanted it to be squeezable)
1-5 drops tea tree essential oil
2-4 drops lavender essential oil

Fill a pot with water, turn up heat, place a glass jar in the water. Put beeswax in jar and melt, stirring constantly. Slowly add coconut oil mixture, stir some more. Beeswax may harden a bit, but just keep stirring to melt. Add olive oil to beeswax-coconut oil mixture. Once all melted, remove from heat and add essential oils as desired. Let cool completely,test consistency. If it's too thick, melt and add more olive oil.
*** 1 Tbsp = .5 ounce.

I used 1 1/2 Tbsp of oil, and it seems pretty pasty.
I put mine into clean baby food jars, made a label and mod podged over it. LOVE IT!
It is also good for rashes. Tae's cheeks have been red and dry because of the weather. I put it on her face and it clears it up quite a bit.
Enjoy!
~Braids

No comments: